NOW HIRING! Education Program Coordinator
Education Program Coordinator Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the scheduling, marketing and evaluation of Bluff Lake’s field trip education programs with more than 100 dates of programming yearly for Preschool- 5th grade environmental science programs
- Evaluate education programs (field trip and after-school) using assessment data from students, teacher/student feedback, current best practices in pedagogy and science standards as well as observations and first-hand teaching experience
- Recruit volunteers for our education programs and schedule their onboarding/training process
- Track and report financial data and goal numbers monthly for the two education programs part of our largest grant with Get Outdoors Colorado (GOCO)
- Coordinate summer camp operations during non-summer months with evaluating feedback, hiring, marketing, program growth, licensing needs etc.
- Lead education programs (field trip, after school, summer camp) whenever needed
- Represent Bluff Lake at community events both at our site as well as with community partners
- Perform other reasonable responsibilities as determined
Qualifications and Experience:
- Teaching, contracting, and/or administrative experience with elementary and middle schools preferred
- Background check and fingerprints submitted and cleared by the Colorado Department of Human Services (BLNC helps and pays for this)
- Passionate about Bluff Lake Nature Center’s mission and teaching environmental education to young people
- Strong organizational and communication skills with adults and children
- Demonstrated competence in data management and grant reporting
- Team player, enthusiastic, organized, creative, critical thinker, and self-motivated
- Reliable transportation to Bluff Lake and Denver elementary schools
Compensation and Hours:
This position works very closely with other members of the education team and reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a salaried position beginning at 20 hours a week, with intent to move to full time within six months in alignment with organizational growth. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
How to Apply: NO PHONE CALLS.
Please email a resume (including references) and cover letter to David Mallery, Executive Director at: [email protected]
Site Management Internship – FULL
Bluff Lake Nature Center and The Urban Farm are currently seeking energetic, enthusiastic, outdoorsy individuals for a 13 or 26 week Site Management internship (30 hours per week). A full job description, including responsibilities, qualifications, and compensation can be found HERE.
Volunteer for our education and stewardship programs! Please click here for more information.