Part-Time Education Programs Outreach Coordinator
The Education Programs Outreach Coordinator is a part-time position that leads the marketing and administrative aspects of Bluff Lake nature Center’s Education programs, including school programs, summer camps, and other community programs. The position reports to the Executive Director and works in cooperation with the lead Programs Instructor, who is primarily responsible for the execution of education programs. The position is 15 hours per week, with flexible hours, though will involve occasional work during evenings and weekends.
* develop and maintain partnerships with local schools, environmental education organizations, educational institutions, and other nonprofit and government agencies;
* plan and execute marketing and outreach strategies related to education programs;
* manage administrative logistics of education programs, such as registrations for school field trips, summer camps, and other programs;
* work with Programs Lead Instructor, board and volunteers to develop and review school and community programs and curriculum, including new and expanded earned income initiatives;
* help recruit and manage education staff and volunteers
Additional occasional responsibilities:
* teach on-site programs and provide classroom presentations;
* help develop and oversee the education program budget;
* report on program numbers, including assessment results and attendance
* work with staff in applying for education grants
* train volunteers and staff as needed
* work with staff, board, and volunteers on strategic and interpretive planning
* other tasks as needed
* provide leadership for continued growth of programs;
* build positive and practical mission-driven partnerships with other organizations
* commitment to the mission and goals of Bluff Lake Nature Center;
* undergraduate degree in biology, environmental studies, marketing or related field;
* at least two years experience in marketing/outreach;
* demonstrated experience in program management, review, and development;
* demonstrated experience in environmental education;
* excellent organizational, detail, and interpersonal skills;
* demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
* demonstrated experience with recruiting and managing volunteers;
* desire to work with people of all ages;
* current First Aid and CPR certification;
Annual compensation of $12,500-$14,000 depending on experience. Opportunity for growth with success of programs.
Send cover letter and resume to: Jeff Lamontagne, Executive Director, by 5 p.m. MST on Tuesday, September 8 at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Volunteer for our education and stewardship programs!
Please click here for more information.