|Bluff Lake Nature Center (Site)
3400 Havana Way
Denver, Colorado 80238
|Bluff Lake Nature Center Offices
4755 Paris Street Suite 190
Denver, Colorado 80239
Open sunrise to sunset everyday, Bluff Lake is a wonderful place to visit to get some peace and quiet in the city. This special place is protected for our wildlife inhabitants and visiting human neighbors.
Please stay safe and help us keep Bluff Lake wild and natural by following our wildlife friendly rules:
- Stay on trails & walk quietly. Loud noises will scare wildlife and disturb other visitors.
- Even leashed dogs stress wildlife, please walk pets elsewhere.
- Trails are for walking and jogging. Please, no horses, bikes or motorized vehicles.
- No sledding, tubing or snowmobiling on the hill. It will damage the habitat and is very dangerous as there are yucca and rocks on the hillside.
- Park bikes on top of the bluff.
- The lake is not suitable for fishing, swimming or boating.
- No food or drink beyond the bluff.
- No fishing, hunting or trapping.
- No camping, fires or fireworks.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- No firearms, paintball or archery.
- If you have a group larger than 5 people, please call our offices to schedule your time.
- Do not release unwanted pets. Many of them are exotic and can harm the native residents. Please contact us if you would like more information about what to do with unwanted pets.
Bluff Lake Nature Center is located on the eastern edge of the former Stapleton airport, along Sand Creek. Click here to view an online map.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning as early as November 13, 2013, a full roadway closure of Havana Street at the railroad crossing, between Smith Road and 37th Avenue, will occur. This road closure on Havana Street is part of the construction of the East Rail Line.
Coming from I-70 East:
Exit Central Park Boulevard. At the light, turn right (south) off of the exit ramp. Take a left (east) at the light onto Martin Luther King Boulevard. MLK turns into 29th Drive going one-way (east) after Fulton Street. Go straight through the lights at Havana and Iola Street, and follow the road as it curves to the right. The entrance to Bluff Lake is half a mile down the curvy road on the left (north) side of the road.
Coming from Martin Luther King Boulevard west of Quebec:
Take MLK Blvd east through the Stapleton neighborhood. MLK turns into 29th Drive going one-way (east) after Fulton Street. Go straight through the lights at Havana and Iola Street, and follow the road as it curves to the right. The entrance to Bluff Lake is half a mile down the curvy road on the left (north) side of the road.
Coming from Colfax Avenue:
Go to Colfax Avenue and Moline Street, which is east of Quebec Street and west of Peoria. Turn north on Moline. Go straight on Moline, past 25th Avenue, until you reach the curve in the road. Follow the curve as it turns to the left (west). The Bluff Lake entrance is on the right (north) side of the road.
On April 1st, 2012 our offices moved to
4755 Paris Street #190
Denver, Colorado 80239