BLUFF LAKE SUMMER CAMP
*If a camp week is full, please complete your registration to be added to the waitlist. Quite a few campers from the waitlist are typically able to get a spot as summer approaches.*
Our weekly outdoor nature camps offer a unique opportunity for kids and teens! We have something for everyone, with Weekly Camp Themes for ages 5-6 or ages 7-12, and a Junior Counselor Program for ages 13-17. All camps run for one week each from 9am-3pm Monday to Friday. These camps are for every kid or teen with some energy to play, grow, and build a strong future for themselves and the planet!
We inspire our campers to better understand and appreciate the outdoors through a blend of weekly environmental topics, nature exploration, animal encounters, hands-on lessons, games, crafts, and free creek play. Small group sizes organized by age and parent preferences give every camper the opportunity to be curious, active, and appreciated! Parents will also get to share in the experience by receiving camp photos and activity summaries from the counselors at the end of each week.
Extended pre-camp care (7:30-9am) and post-camp care (3-5pm) are also available through the first week of August. Half-days (9am-12pm) are available for Ages 5-6 only. See Hours & Location for full info.
Scholarship applications are available for families who cannot pay camp fees.
NEW FOR 2021
We learned a lot in 2020, and are excited to announce the following camp improvements for 2021:
- We will again be welcoming 5 year olds to camp! This year we will have a separate small group camp for 5-6 year olds, capped at 8 campers with 2 counselors.
- We will divide up our 7-12 year old campers into smaller teams, each with their own counselor (group size and multi-group engagement dependent on COVID updates).
- The half-day option will only be offered for the Ages 5-6 camp this summer. Pre- and post-care will still be available for all ages through the first week of August.
- We are expanding the age range for our Junior Counselors to ages 13-17!
This summer will bring MORE kids, MORE counselors, and MORE of the activities that make Bluff Lake camp awesome!
- Smaller group sizes with consistent members and leaders
- Social distancing throughout the day
- Updated mask policies based on most recent CDC and CDPHE guidelines, along with specific parent preferences
- Frequent sanitization and minimized equipment sharing
- Dedicated hand-washing breaks for campers throughout day
- All campers and staff report on any symptoms and exposure upon arrival
- Campers or staff exhibiting symptoms or reporting exposure will leave camp and not return until receiving a negative COVID test result or completing two weeks of home quarantine. If this occurs, parents of the other campers will be notified and updated when the test results arrive.
- Refunds will be offered for unused days for campers who must leave camp due to COVID symptoms or exposure. Refunds will also be issued in the unlikely event that camp must be cancelled entirely.
Planned COVID precautions may be updated as more information about the virus becomes available. We will be monitoring CDC guidelines and city regulations during the coming months, and throughout the entire length of camp. We will continue to provide updates here over the coming months.
For more information, please visit our FAQ page or contact:
Heidi Pfeiffer, Ph.D.
Summer Camp Director & Education Manager