Bluff Lake Nature Center (Site)
11255 E Martin Luther King Blvd
Denver, Colorado 80238
Bluff Lake Nature Center (Office)
4760 Oakland St., Suite 200
Denver, Colorado 80239
Open Sunrise to Sunset 365 Days a Year
Bluff Lake Nature Center is open every day, sunrise to sunset, and is located on the eastern edge of the former Stapleton airport, along Sand Creek. Click the map below for directions:
While visiting, please stay safe, and help us keep Bluff Lake wild and natural by following our wildlife-friendly rules:
- Stay on trails & walk quietly. Loud noises will scare wildlife and disturb other visitors.
- Even leashed dogs stress wildlife; please walk pets elsewhere.
- Trails are for walking and jogging. Please, no horses, bikes or motorized vehicles.
- No sledding, tubing, or snowmobiling on the hill. It will damage the habitat and is very dangerous as there are yucca and rocks on the hillside.
- Park bikes on top of the bluff in the parking lot.
- The lake is not suitable for wading, swimming, or boating.
- No food or drink beyond the parking lot.
- No fishing, hunting, or trapping.
- No camping, fires, or fireworks.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- No firearms, paintball, or archery.
- If you have a group of 20 people or more, please call our offices to schedule your time.
- Do not release unwanted pets. Many of them are exotic and can harm the native residents. Please contact us if you would like more information about what to do with unwanted pets.
- Walk or run around the lake, alone or with your friends or family.
- Enjoy photography, birdwatching, or exploring our site on the trails.
- Picnic at the top of our bluff at one of our picnic tables.
- Enjoy the sunset or sunrise from our pergola.
- Host an event in our amphitheater/fire pit (upstairs) or in our pavilion (downstairs).
- Look out for our public events here on our website, on our Facebook page, or at the kiosk at our site.
- Inquire about volunteer opportunities or formal education programs.